Use Kodi Remote to control your Kodi from your smartphone
The Kodi remote apps are available officially on iOS and Android devices. Choose the button for your operating system (Android or iOS) and install the apps for FREE.
ATTENTION KODI USERS: YOUR ISP IS WATCHING YOU!
Even without your explicit consent, your ISP (Internet Service Provider) is collecting and filtering your Web browser data.
Using Kodi to stream copyrighted content might get you into legal trouble!
Also, your ISP might block access to specific streams, which leads to Kodi errors, or entirely blocked and throttled streaming. This is why users of Kodi should always use a VPN to make sure their identity and privacy are protected while streaming.
Before you proceed, please be informed that using Kodi addons without a VPN can get you a DMCA notice. Using a Kodi vpn can also help you unblock all Kodi addons. Be it Incursion add-ons, Gaia, Neptune Rising, Placenta or Sparkle, a VPN will not only help you unblock it but also keep your identity and privacy safe at all times.
Get 77% off on the best VPN for Kodi
Once activated, the VPN encrypts your Web traffic and makes it anonymous – keeping it away from your ISP’s prying eyes. In fact, you will become invisible on the Web since your user logs, and your traffic history isn’t stored on any server.
TIP: Do you want to re-gain he old peace of mind feeling when browsing the Internet?
Use this special VPN offer to use it also on your mobile phone!
Quick set up guide on Kodi
Go to Services option under Settings and set the Settings level to Advanced / Expert in the bottom left of the display.
1. Turn on the following settings in Kodi to enable using a smartphone or tablet remote:
Settings → Services → Remote control → Allow programs on other systems to control Kodi → ON
2.Many smartphone remotes also display additional library data, such as images and summaries. This setting allows that extra data to be transmitted to your remote app. Take note of the Port number, the Username and the Password (if any). You’ll need to enter these in your remote app.
Settings → Services → Webserver → Allow control of Kodi via HTTP → ON
3. Optional. This should be enabled by default already. Zeroconf makes it easier to find your Kodi install on your local network without having to know the exact IP address.
Settings → Services → Zeroconf → Announce these services to other systems via Zeroconf → ON
Now go back to Settings Menu on Kodi and navigate to System info and under Network section note down the IP Address as you will need those while setup on Application at iPhone / iPad/ Android. Leave the Kodi Running device.
Configure your Kodi Remote on your iPhone/iPad
Here’s the secret from Kodi Expert you won’t find on any other site
- Open the Official Kodi Remote on your iPhone / iPad which you downloaded and click on Add Host.
- Get the details you noted down. Enter Kodi Remote under Description, Enter IP as you noted down before. Enter PORT 8080 / 9090. Enter Username Kodi and (if you modified it) the password (otherwise leave the password blank). Press SAVE.
- Now it will show you a Green Mark when its connected with Kodi 17 on your Device.
- You can use Remote Control option on it to navigate to Kodi 17 on Android TV or direct options to menus. So it’s done and you can use it now.
Configure your Kodi Remote on your Android Smartphone
Kodi launched their official remote control app, Kore, at the end of May 2015.
- The first screen you’ll come to is the “Add Media Center” page.
Here Kore will automatically search your wireless network for your Kodi installation. So there are a couple of things to keep in mind first:
- Have your Kodi device turned on and running Kodi. This should go without saying. After all, you can’t expect it to find the device is it isn’t turned on, right?
- Make sure your phone and your Kodi device are on the same network. If you don’t connect your phone to your home wireless network, you’ll need to do so before you setup Kore.
- Click Next to continue.
- SEARCHING …
Kore will then search your network for your Kodi installation, as I stated before. This process should only take a few seconds