Best Kodi Boxes and Best Kodi Addons daily reviewed and updated
Best Kodi Boxes and Best Kodi Addons daily reviewed and updated
Seren is a new Kodi addon launched in November 2018. It is developed by the same author of the world’s famous Incursion Kodi Addons. It works with Premiumize and Real-Debrid to stream torrents instantly with the relevant provider package and works just like Netflix, having Autoplay and Up Next integration out of the box.
1. Open Kodi on your platform. After a few seconds waiting for completely loading Kodi, you will see the standard main interface (in the images we are using Kodi 17.6. The interface in Kodi 18 Leia is mainly similar so you should follow the same steps). Start by clicking on the SETTINGS button on the top left (it is that cog wheel under Kodi logo).
2. Position and Open the Files manager in the bottom right of Kodi -> Settings window.
3. You have 2 similar panels here. Tap on Add source on any of them to bring the next window where you will input the source path.
4. With the Add file source dialogue box open, position and click on selection as in the image below.
5. A full screen will appear next, where you will need to input from the keyboard the Seren Kodi repository path: https://nixgates.github.io/packages/ with no mistakes. Remember to pay attention to input the correct path letter by letter. If you make any mistake, the path won’t be added and will lead to malfunction in the next steps.
6. In the “Enter a name for this media source” field pick any desired name for the source name. We recommend that you name it Seren (for easy identification later). Then press ok. Be careful with the chosen name: that name shouldn’t have been used before.
7. Next return to the KODI Main Menu by pressing BACK key multiple times. Now go and click on Add-ons from the left main menu (the one with the open box).
8. On the top left corner, you’ll get 3 new icons. Go to the Open Box (or unzipper, the first icon on the top left screen) and just click on it.
9. Then on the next screen, you will see a list of multiple options. We need to go to the Install from zip file section in order to open the addon source.
10. A new window called Install from zip file opens. You will have a list of local and internet sources. Simply select and click on ‘Seren‘ (or whatever name you saved in step 6).
11. Now click on repository.nixgates-2.1.0.zip (if the file version is a little bit different you shouldn’t worry. Probably it has been recently updated).
12. Just click on it and press INSTALL and WAIT for the top right notification saying “Nix’s Repo Repository Successfully Installed” message.
13. If the above step succeeded you will be returned to the previous menu (as in step 8) where you have the add-on browser interface.
14. This time click on the 3rd menu called Install from Repository – see the selection in the image below
15. Go down to “Nix’s Repo Repository“
16. Simply choose Video Add-ons
17. Now select Seren and choose Install (the cloud icon in the bottom right)
18. To start enjoying your brand new installed Kodi addon go to Video add-on section and locate the Seren icon.
Even without your explicit consent, your ISP (Internet Service Provider) is collecting and filtering your Web browser data.
Also, your ISP might block access to specific streams, which leads to Kodi errors, or entirely blocked and throttled streaming. This is why users of Kodi should always use a VPN to make sure their identity and privacy are protected while streaming.
Before you proceed, please be informed that using Kodi addons without a VPN can get you a DMCA notice. Using a Kodi vpn can also help you unblock all Kodi addons. Be it Incursion add-ons, Gaia, Neptune Rising, Placenta or Sparkle, a VPN will not only help you unblock it but also keep your identity and privacy safe at all times.
Get now 77% off on the best VPN for Kodi!
Once activated, the VPN encrypts your Web traffic and makes it anonymous – keeping it away from your ISP’s prying eyes. In fact, you will become invisible on the Web since your user logs, and your traffic history isn’t stored on any server.
TIP: Do you want to re-gain he old peace of mind feeling when browsing the Internet?
Use this special VPN offer to use it also on your mobile phone!
19. Open Seren, go to tools, Open Settings Menu
20. Go to Accounts and authenticate Trakt and your debrid service (either Premiumize or Real-Debrid)
21. Go to Providers, Install From Web URL.
22. Type in http://bit.ly/a4kScrapers
23. A prompt will come up asking if you’d like to install the scrapers, Press “Install”, then Press Okay after successful install
24. Go and look in the Seren Add-on settings to check if everything is ok.
1. To get the sources listed, instead of auto-playing a movie or TV Show, you MUST USE the context menu (long press on your remote). You will get the best options like “Source Select” or “Play from here” directly from Seren.
2. In NixGate’s repo you just installed at step 14, you can install Up Next Service to make Seren work just like Netfli’s Up next notification. Click to Install from repository ->Nixgates Repo ->Services>and install Up Next
After install on the same screen, go to configure
Change “Default action when nothing selected” to Don’t play
Enable “Enable on playlist”
Press okay to save settings
CREDITS: nixgates and reddit_reaper
Future proof. Seren has been tested against Krypton, Leia nad both work well.
Speed. Seren is fast not only with its menus but scraping as well, with its caching of scraped information. Almost every line of code has been written from scratch and it is heavily optimized which hopefully makes Seren among the fastest of the fast.
While PY3 tests have been done, the addon still has minor issues that need re-working to future proof it.
Netflix-like behavior. Seren automatically creates playlists of shows that you select by default. It even has the ability to automatically resume from where you left off from a single click on a show
Up Next addon integration which provides a Netflix-style prompt asking if you would like to continue to the next episode. (Please note, up next must be set to “Do Nothing” if not clicked as Seren handles this internally)
Pre-emptive scraping and auto play by default. Seren is meant to be as close to a click and play experience and as such, the default behavior is to scrape and find the best source and play it. Pre-emptive scraping means in most circumstances you will only ever see the scraping windows on the first episode of a TV Show.
Custom provider module installer. Seren is built to accept the installation of complete provider packages. These can be installed and maintained on an individual basis – provider packs automatically get added to Seren’s master scraper list and individual providers in the package can be enabled and disabled at will by the end user.
Automatic caching. Seren will automatically attempt to cache content to your debrid providers when no cached sources are found. Real-Debrid support is limited to single episode caching while Premiumize has full-featured pack (season or entire series) support. This is unfortunately an API limitation of Real-Debrid.
Automatic Premiumize cloud management. By default, Seren will keep anything it downloads in your Premiumize cloud until 50% of your fair use percentage is consumed. This is to boost the cache retention time for everyone and help boost the communities seamless experience. Seren will automatically remove anything it has cached while leaving content you have submitted manually alone once the threshold limit has been met. Don’t worry, Premiumize returns all storage to your fair use when it is deleted, this feature just ensures that the cache is bigger for everyone!
Shuffle play. A much loved feature by parents who want to put a show on for the kids and for those of us who like TV for background noise, Shuffle Play has made a triumphant return. By opening the context menu on a show you want to play and hit shuffle play and Seren takes care of the rest.
Premium subscription notifications. Never have to worry about your Real-Debrid or Premiumize subscriptions running out again – Seren will notify you if your subs are in need of renewal. No more embarrassing “why isn’t this working?” posts needed!
Next Up. It’s like the Progress you’re used to in other addons but displayed in a new streamline format.Next Up is designed to take you right back to where you left off in your binge watching. Just click a show and Seren will build a list for you and start playing!
Local torrent cache. Seren has the ability to automatically store the torrent info locally so that even if the site scrape fails, you can still watch the next episode of that show you’re binging. With Pre-emptive termination, Local torrent cache also allows Seren to completely skip any provider scraping if it’s needs are met.
Seren also carries through some of the features we all know and love including:
Pre-emptive Termination, (Seperate Resolutions for Movie and TV Shows)
Full Trakt Integration
Hide x265 files.
Now of course all of this automation sounds great and all but those of us who prefer a little more hands on control haven’t been forgotten.
Here are a few highlights of Seren’s options for power users.
Manual caching of content if no content has been found in the cache.
Extended Account control.
API keys. Have your own TMDB and TVDB API keys? Just fill them on in and they will be used in place of Serens default ones.
Provider control. Install scraper packs, uninstall scraper packs, enable or disable providers from those packs. Seren makes it easy to manage your providers without having to dig through a bunch of menus.
Seren is a DEBRID ONLY addon for now, but as the addon continues to grow I do intend for it to encompass directly playable sources and premium services such as Netflix and Amazon.
There’s still more to come though, here are a few things on the more immediate future To Do list:
Addon Artwork. Seren development has been primarily focused on getting in the features users need and getting it stable. This means there is currently no artwork in the addon for menu items. If you would like to put your hand up to help with this I would love to see some work!
Full debrid cloud support. As of right now, Seren just has basic capabilities to see the progress of downloads in the Premiumize and Real-Debrid clouds. You can’t play from the cloud right now or manage the files on your cloud, this is coming.
Premiumize hoster cache. Premiumize has support for cached hosters at the same cost as torrents now. Support will be added in a future update and they will be flagged and a sort method for cached hoster files will be created.
Open subtitles hook
File Size limits
Never use KODI & its add-ons without a VPN!
GET IPVANISH @ 70% OFF!