Best Kodi Addons and Best Kodi Boxes reviewed and updated daily
Best Kodi Addons and Best Kodi Boxes reviewed and updated daily
Seren is a new Kodi addon launched in November 2018. It is developed by the same author of the world’s famous Incursion Kodi Addons. Seren is a DEBRID ONLY addon for now, but as the addon continues to grow it will encompass directly playable sources and premium services such as Netflix and Amazon.
1. After opening Kodi, you will be presented with the main interface of the player. Simply click on the SETTINGS button on the window (the cog wheel).
2. Select the bottom submenu called Files manager.
3. Click on Add source and it will open the window where you wil input the Seren Kodi Addon Repository files URL address.
4. Simply click on None and then OK.
5. A new window will appear and you will need to type the Seren Kodi Add-on repo URL “http://seren.expert ” with no mistakes. Remember if you make any mistakes that the path won’t be added and will lead to malfunction.
6. Now pick a desired name for the document. You can name it ‘seren‘. Then press ok. That name shouldn’t have been used before.
7. Next return to the Kodi main menu by pressing BACK key multiple times. Now click on Add-ons section on the left main menu.
8. Now the top left corner, you’ll notice an icon like an Open Box or unzipper, just click on it.
9. On the next screen scroll down to the install from zip sub-menu and click on it
10. Locate the source you added a few moments ago – probably called seren (or whatever name you store the repository file, as shown in step 6).
11. Now click on nixgates.repository.zip
12. Just click on it and press INSTALL and WAIT for the top right notification saying Seren NixGates Repo Installed.
13. Now scroll to the other section called Install from Repository and click on it
14. Select “Nixgates Repo“
15. Then navigate to Video Add-ons and scroll down untill you see Seren
16. Press INSTALL
17. Open Seren, go to tools, Open Settings Menu
18. Go to Accounts and authenticate Trakt and your debrid service (either Premiumize or Real-Debrid)
19. Go to Providers, Install From Web URL.
20. Type in http://seren.kodi.expert/a4kScrapers.zip
21. A prompt will come up asking if you’d like to install the scrapers, Press “Install”, then Press Okay after successful install
CREDITS: nixgates and reddit_reaper
See the complete list of Best Kodi Addons
Future proof. Seren has been tested against Krypton, Leia nad both work well.
Speed. Seren is fast not only with its menus but scraping as well, with its caching of scraped information. Almost every line of code has been written from scratch and it is heavily optimized which hopefully makes Seren among the fastest of the fast.
While PY3 tests have been done, the addon still has minor issues that need re-working to future proof it.
Netflix-like behavior. Seren automatically creates playlists of shows that you select by default. It even has the ability to automatically resume from where you left off from a single click on a show
Up Next addon integration which provides a Netflix-style prompt asking if you would like to continue to the next episode. (Please note, up next must be set to “Do Nothing” if not clicked as Seren handles this internally)
Pre-emptive scraping and auto play by default. Seren is meant to be as close to a click and play experience and as such, the default behavior is to scrape and find the best source and play it. Pre-emptive scraping means in most circumstances you will only ever see the scraping windows on the first episode of a TV Show.
Custom provider module installer. Seren is built to accept the installation of complete provider packages. These can be installed and maintained on an individual basis – provider packs automatically get added to Seren’s master scraper list and individual providers in the package can be enabled and disabled at will by the end user.
Automatic caching. Seren will automatically attempt to cache content to your debrid providers when no cached sources are found. Real-Debrid support is limited to single episode caching while Premiumize has full-featured pack (season or entire series) support. This is unfortunately an API limitation of Real-Debrid.
Automatic Premiumize cloud management. By default, Seren will keep anything it downloads in your Premiumize cloud until 50% of your fair use percentage is consumed. This is to boost the cache retention time for everyone and help boost the communities seamless experience. Seren will automatically remove anything it has cached while leaving content you have submitted manually alone once the threshold limit has been met. Don’t worry, Premiumize returns all storage to your fair use when it is deleted, this feature just ensures that the cache is bigger for everyone!
Shuffle play. A much loved feature by parents who want to put a show on for the kids and for those of us who like TV for background noise, Shuffle Play has made a triumphant return. By opening the context menu on a show you want to play and hit shuffle play and Seren takes care of the rest.
Premium subscription notifications. Never have to worry about your Real-Debrid or Premiumize subscriptions running out again – Seren will notify you if your subs are in need of renewal. No more embarrassing “why isn’t this working?” posts needed!
Next Up. It’s like the Progress you’re used to in other addons but displayed in a new streamline format.Next Up is designed to take you right back to where you left off in your binge watching. Just click a show and Seren will build a list for you and start playing!
Local torrent cache. Seren has the ability to automatically store the torrent info locally so that even if the site scrape fails, you can still watch the next episode of that show you’re binging. With Pre-emptive termination, Local torrent cache also allows Seren to completely skip any provider scraping if it’s needs are met.
Seren also carries through some of the features we all know and love including:
Pre-emptive Termination, (Seperate Resolutions for Movie and TV Shows)
Full Trakt Integration
Hide x265 files.
Now of course all of this automation sounds great and all but those of us who prefer a little more hands on control haven’t been forgotten.
Here are a few highlights of Seren’s options for power users.
Manual caching of content if no content has been found in the cache.
Extended Account control.
API keys. Have your own TMDB and TVDB API keys? Just fill them on in and they will be used in place of Serens default ones.
Provider control. Install scraper packs, uninstall scraper packs, enable or disable providers from those packs. Seren makes it easy to manage your providers without having to dig through a bunch of menus.
Seren is a DEBRID ONLY addon for now, but as the addon continues to grow I do intend for it to encompass directly playable sources and premium services such as Netflix and Amazon.
There’s still more to come though, here are a few things on the more immediate future To Do list:
Addon Artwork. Seren development has been primarily focused on getting in the features users need and getting it stable. This means there is currently no artwork in the addon for menu items. If you would like to put your hand up to help with this I would love to see some work!
Full debrid cloud support. As of right now, Seren just has basic capabilities to see the progress of downloads in the Premiumize and Real-Debrid clouds. You can’t play from the cloud right now or manage the files on your cloud, this is coming.
Premiumize hoster cache. Premiumize has support for cached hosters at the same cost as torrents now. Support will be added in a future update and they will be flagged and a sort method for cached hoster files will be created.
Open subtitles hook
File Size limits
Seren Kodi addon is working only in the newer Android version boxes. We have an article that tests and reviews the best kodi boxes. Make sure you have a good kodi box before complaining for low speed in Kodi add-ons.